Funny thing ...
That headline does not really indicate whether the students were suspended for monologues about their own ... parts ... or if this was a stink caused by the well-known play, The Vagina Monologues.
Hint: It's about the play!
Update (03-14-2007): I heard on the radio this morning that the one-day suspension for the girls has been rescinded. Looks like there was a school board meeting as well as a community meeting to discuss the situation. Here is the story from the local Katonah paper. Check it out because there are a number of interesting and related stories posted there. Here are a few of them:
• Rescinded suspensions for students who said 'vagina' draws mixed reaction from communityOh, and it looks like the school (Katonah-Lewisboro School District) is going to host Eve Ensler (author of The Vagina Monologues). That should be pretty interesting for the students.
• 'Vagina' fuss is about fetishizing property
• Faculty backs students in 'Vagina Monologues' controversy
• Recent 'Monologues' controversy not the first
• Students stood up for free speech
• 'Vagina Monologues' controversy not first to hit John Jay High School
• Students, author, school board president discuss 'vagina' controversy on 'Today'