Friday, August 25, 2006

Barry-LESS

A few weeks ago, I mentioned that Montgomery Theater's production of The Drawer Boy was eligible to be nominated for a Barrymore Award. I was particularly excited about this because I was the co-lighting designer (as well as the sound designer) on that show.

Well, forgive me for the delay in posting a follow-up, but the Theatre Alliance of Greater Philadelphia announced the nominees on August 16 ... and The Drawer Boy just didn't make the list.

I wish all the nominees the best of luck on their well-deserved accolades. Especially Michael Phillip O'Brien who was nominated for his portrayal of Jonathan in the 11th Hour Theatre Company's production of tick, tick...BOOM! (I love that show!). O'Brien will next appear in Montgomery Theater's production of The Last Five Years, a musical by Jason Robert Brown. (I just spent the better part of my day working with the lighting designer for this show).

No comments: