Tuesday, February 24, 2009

OVER THE TAVERN Song List

As I've mentioned previously, the production of "Over the Tavern" at Montgomery Theater provided for some challenges in sound design. For this post, I want to focus on the list of songs that made the final cut and are used in the show.
Open the Show
"Once in Royal David's City" - Cantate Boys' Choir

Votive/Prayer Scenes
(Start and End: Act I Scene 2,
Act I Scene 4, and Act II Scene 2)
"Allelulia" - Salt Lake Children's Choir

Radio Set #1 (Act I Scene 6)
"Pennsylvania Polka" - Polish Radio Polka Band
"Polish Heart Polka" - Ray Henry & His Orchestra
"Lichtensteiner Polka" - Polish Radio Polka Band

Radio Set #2 (Act I Scene 6)
"Empty Street" - Thad Jones, Kenny Burrell, and Frank Wess
"Clarinet Polka" - Polish Radio Polka Band

End Act I Scene 7
"Django" - Vince Guaraldi_Vince Guaraldi Trio

End Act I
"The Very Thought Of You" - Jan Garber

Open Act II
"Count One" - Thad Jones, Kenny Burrell, and Frank Wess

End Act II Scene 4
"Moldau Polka" - Polish Radio Polka Band

End Show/Curtain Call
"Medley (Beer Barrel Polka_There Is A Tavern In The Town Polka)" - Polish Radio Polka Band

There are also a few voiceovers and some TV audio. I'll talk about them in my next post.

No comments: