Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Lights Up on The Desk Set

The Desk Set

If you are in the area, go to Montgomery Theater and check out the final production of the year: The Desk Set. It's the revival of a 50-year old gem. Written by a local guy (William Marchant), this play was the toast of Broadway in 1955 and was made into a Hepburn-Tracy movie in 1957. I was the lighting and sound designer for this gig.

The show opened November 17 and runs through December 9.

I'll write more particulars later.

4 comments:

Mikaela said...

We're going this weekend :) Last show for our season subscription.

:) Mikaela

Brainwise said...

Well, don't keep me in suspense ... did you enjoy the show??

Mikaela said...

We went on Saturday and it was seriously the best show I've seen at the theater. Ever. It was awesome!

Brilliant acting, lovely set, great story! I was so impressed that I sent out a mass email this morning encouraging people to check it out. I only wished I had seen it sooner!

:) Mikaela

Brainwise said...

That's great news! Thanks so much for your comments.

By the way ... how did you find my blog?